1. The fastest speed a falling raindrop can hit you is 18mph.
2. During a hurricane, 90% of the people who die end up dying from drowning.
3. The coldest temperature ever recorded was a negative 126.9 degrees fahrenheit in Vostok Station, Antarctica.
4. Between evaporation and falling as precipitation, a droplet of water may travel thousands of miles.
5. The typical lifetime of a small cumulus cloud is between 10 to 15 minutes.
6. A corn field of one acre gives of 4,000 gallons off water per day in evaporation.
7. A molecule of water will stay in Earth’s atmosphere for an average duration of 10-12 days.
8. Snowflakes falling at 2-4 mph can take about 1 hr to reach the ground.